(serves 3-4 persons)
- 400 gr. minced meat (lamb)
- 2 large eggplants
- olive oil
- 1 large onion (minced)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 pack pre-cooked potato slices
- 0,2 l milk
- 0,2 l beef stock
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 150 gr. feta cheese
Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Slice eggplants and tomatoes in 0,5cm pieces.
- Sprinkle salt on both sides of the eggplants and let them dry on some kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile fry the onion, oregano and minced meat – add salt and pepper to taste. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Remove excess fluids from the eggplant slices using kitchen towel. Fry them in some oliveoil until golden brown.
- Grease a rectangular or round dish with some oil and place one half of the potato slices on the bottom. Spread one half of the mined meat, half of the eggplants, half of the tomatoes, then the minced meat again, eggplants, tomaties and finally the potato slices.
- Heat the beaf stock together with the milk
- Melt butter in a pan, stir in flour until it is dissolved
- Slowly incorporate the beef stock-milk mixture until it boils. Turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir once in a while so it doesn’t stick to the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce over the ingredients in the dish and place the feta on top
- Bake for 30 minutes and until the cheese has turned golden brown.