New York Cheesecake
(18cm springform, serves 8)
- 100 gr. plain flour
- 60 gr. white sugar
- 1/2 egg, beaten
- 60 gr. butter, softened
- 600 gr. cream cheese, softened
- 180 gr. white sugar
- 10 gr. vanilla sugar
- 15 gr. plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 30 ml (heavy) whipping cream
Preheat oven to 180°C, for the crust.
- Combine plain flour, white sugar, 1/2 beaten egg and softened butter, knead into a soft dough.
- Spread to the edges of the spring form and prick all over with a fork. Then bake for 15 minutes at 180°C, allow to cool.
Increase oven temperature to 200°C, for the cake.
- In a large bowl, combine softened cream cheese, sugar, vanilla sugar, plain flour, eggs and egg yolk whisk thoroughly on low speed.
- Add cream and mix well enough to blend only.
- Fill a spring form or pan with water and place it in the bottom of the oven, this will make sure that the cake won’t crack.
- Press the crust with a spoon if there is too much air.
- Pour filling over crust and bake for 10 minutes at 200°C.
- Reduce the temperature to 100°C and continue baking the cake for another hour.
- Then turn down the oven and leave the cake in for another hour. The middle might look a bit jiggly.
- Chill overnight.
- Decorate and add toppings to your likings.